Sunday, November 6, 2011

80/20

So, although I will consider paleo a success (a 4 pound weight loss for me is huge - and I think it probably would have been more had I not cheated so badly around Halloween). The problem is, I miss some of the foods that I cannot have if I eat a strict paleo diet. Funny thing is, the dairy and grains haven't been as difficult for me as have been giving up legumes. Maybe its because I can find paleo substitutes for pretty much everything else. But there is no substitute for a bean. I eat a lot of beans, and I really miss them. So, I think I'm going to try a modified (by me) paleo diet - one in which I can eat beans. And maybe cheat once in a while on some of the other stuff (some days I want cheese - although giving that up hasn't been as difficult as I had anticipated).

Tonight I made a giant batch of split pea soup, and I put it into serving-sized containers for lunches this week. I also have lots of pulled pork and homemade chicken nuggets. I've found the key to success is preparation. If I already have all my meals pre-planned, I do much better. Lucky for me, I can eat the same meal every night for dinner for a week and not get tired of it. So giant batches of food work great for me.

I have decided too that instead of a weight goal (which has been my previous plan) I am working on a body fat goal. I would like to be under 30% fat by 2012. Sort of a New Year's goal, only in reverse. I have a little over 3% to get there, which is totally doable if I can work hard and stay away from the holiday treats. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment